COLONIAL QUITO, MUSEUMS AND CONTEMPORARY ARTS
Learn more about colonial art, visit churches and the former house of the legendary famous Ecuadorian painter, Guayasamín Museum.
- We depart from the hotel in the morning to visit the Guayasamín Museum and the master project of the author “the Chapel of Man”.
- There you will have the chance to admire the work of Oswaldo Guayasamín, his paintings, sculptures, and all the art that collected during his life: pre-Columbian, Colonial and Contemporary art.
- Then, on our way to the colonial part of the city, we will visit the Basilica Church, a religious building of more than 100 meters of height and of neogothic style.
- Then we to visit the Convent of San Francisco, home of the Quito School of Art, where we can find outstanding religious paintings and sculptures made on the XV century.
- After lunch, we will visit the Plaza Grande where is located the Presidential Palace, the Major’s Office, the Cathedral, and the Archbishop Palace.
- Back to the hotel.
- End of the tour.