Santa Cruz Island
A stunning location with breathtaking views. A new step in the evolution of luxury eco-adventure in the Galapagos Islands. No lack of privacy, seasickness nor confined spaces of the typical yachts or cruises.
No lack of privacy, seasickness nor confined spaces of the typical yachts or cruises. The Pikaia Lodge concept is designed for the environmentally conscious, physically active and adventurous traveler, who seeks close contact with the unique natural wonders of the Galapagos Islands with the highest level of comfort and services that could be reasonably provided within the limitations of such a remote, restricted and eco-sensitive location.
Pikaia Lodge is perched on top of two extinct volcanic craters. It offers one of the most spectacular viewpoints in the Galapagos Islands – a great scenic destination in itself. Given its unique location, the Lodge has a special microclimate: warm and sunny with fresh breezes for most of the year, and therefore, mosquito free! During the cooler “garua season” the property is occasionally shrouded in mist. At this time, from July to November, the wild tortoises migrate from the arid zone up to Pikaia for grazing. Besides, Pikaia Lodge has its own private Tortoise Reserve on the property.
As a Pikaia Lodge guest, you will enjoy active, quality guided land and marine day programs in small groups with up to 16 guests. At night you will rest in spacious and quiet accommodations.
- Pikaia Lodge is one of the most advanced green lodges built in the world. It operates with alternative energy resources and has a comprehensive social responsibility program.
- Terrace Rooms: These six beautiful rooms on the ground floor are nestled on top of the small plateau of our main crater and are conveniently close to the main building. All of them have panoramic floor to ceiling windows with access to private shaded terraces with breathtaking unobstructed views. These rooms are 61 sq. m. including an 11 sq. m. ground floor terrace, with a modern and cozy contemporary décor and are naturally well-lit. These are furnished with either two queen size beds or one king size bed.
- Balcony Rooms: These six beautiful rooms on the first floor are nestled on top of the small plateau of our main crater and are conveniently close to the main building. All of them have panoramic floor to ceiling windows with access to private shaded balconies with breathtaking unobstructed views. These rooms are 61 sq. m, including an 11 sq. m. balcony on the second floor, with a modern and cozy contemporary style decor and are naturally well lighted. These are furnished with either two queen size beds or one king size bed.
- Garden Suite: This beautiful and spacious suite is nestled on top of the small plateau of our main crater and is conveniently close to the main building. This suite has panoramic floor to ceiling windows with access to a private shaded terrace with breathtaking unobstructed views. It is 74 sq. m, including a 16 sq. m. ground floor terrace with a private garden, with a modern and cozy contemporary style decor and is naturally well lighted. It is furnished with a king size bed and a sofa-bed.
- Pool Suite: This beautiful and spacious suite is nestled on top of the small plateau of our main crater and is conveniently close to the main building. This 74 m2-suite has panoramic floor to ceiling windows with access to a private plunge pool and a shaded terrace with breathtaking unobstructed views, its style décor is modern and cozy and naturally well lighted. It is furnished with a king size bed and a sofa-bed.
- All rooms have a generously sized bathroom of 21 sq. m with walk-in closet, two under counter vanity sinks and wall mirrors for each guest, a shower area and a bathtub with great views. These bathrooms have a separate closed toilet room, are naturally well ventilated, full of natural light and decorated with Peruvian travertine marble.
- All rooms were designed for having optimal natural cross ventilation and thermal insulation for natural cooling. These have remote controlled split air conditioners and ventilators for maximum guest comfort. Floors are made of Bamboo wood for barefoot comfort. The rooms have direct dial telephone, 40" 3D HD LED TV, DVD, iPod audio amplifier with speakers (Audio in), safe for valuables, mini bar and outside terrace furniture.
- Pikaia Lodge is placing great importance on the culinary aspect of its exploration programs. Evolution restaurant has a conditioned walk-in wine cellar, where our guests can choose their wines with our Maitre's advice to enhance their gastronomic experiences to even higher and subtler levels, crowning exciting days with happy spirits.
- After a hard day of explorations, you can chill out in splendid comfort, framed by a stupendous view of the Galapagos natural settings bathed in the hues of a rapidly setting equatorial sun at the lobby lounge, take a bath in the infinity pool that merges with the horizon with the backdrop of the endless ocean and the pristine savanna. A mesmerizing sight.
- The wellness center is an oasis of calm, perched on the rims of the craters at the eastern end of the main building with dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean interrupted only by a few islands in its vastness. Sumaq Spa is decorated in a minimalistic Japanese zen style to soothe the mind.
- If guests want to keep track of their workout schedule during their stay at Pikaia Lodge, the gym is equipped with a modern treadmill, elliptical trainer, and spinning bike.
Pikaia Lodge offers programs of 4 days, 5 days, and 8 days.