QUITO & ANAKONDA AMAZON RIVER CRUISE
Programs from 7 days / 6 nights
Day 1: Arrival at Quito International Airport – Hotel
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Day 2: Middle of the World Monument – Colonial Quito
- After breakfast, departing from the hotel, we begin the tour driving to the north of the city to visit the Equatorial monument “Mitad del Mundo” (Middle of the World), situated at 0o0’0” latitude where the French Geodesic Expedition according to planet calculations, designated the center of the world. Visit the museum of the Ethnic groups of Ecuador.
- After this visit, we will drive back to downtown Quito and have a delicious lunch at a restaurant in the old city, and then we will go to visit the colonial site of Quito and its churches and cathedrals: the gothic Basilica, the Compañía de Jesús, the Convent of San Francisco, among others. We will visit the Plaza Grande where is located the Presidential Palace, the Major’s Office, the Cathedral, and the Archbishop Palace. Return to the hotel.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Day 3: Quito – Coca – Napo River
- Departure from Quito in the morning on a 30-minute flight to the city of El Coca. Transfer to the Napo River Port and beginning the trip on board of a motor canoe down the river for about 1 hour until we board the Anakonda. During this time we can admire the changing landscape of the humid forest.
- Once on board of the Anakonda vessel, we continue down the river and you can start enjoying what the ship has to offer: wide social areas, comfortable suites, observation deck, etc. At night there will be a walk to discover the active biodiversity in the dark and listen to the sounds of nature.
Day 4: Pañacocha Forest Reserve
- We will continue our navigation down until the Pañayacu River. We take a canoe to go through this river and appreciate the panoramic views of this reserve. Here we could find the river pink dolphin, squirrel monkeys, among others. Pañacocha (piranha lake in Quichua) is an ecosystem of white waters.
- The rivers and lakes of this area are the perfect habitats of the famous Piranhas as well as the fish called “water monkey” (Arawana) and the white caiman. After a refreshing swim in this area, we will enjoy a delicious Amazon-style barbeque meal with tropical drinks in a camping site. In the afternoon, we will go for exploration routes and return to the boat for dinner.
Day 5: Clay Lick for Parrots – Sani Warmi and Yasuni National Park
- After breakfast, we will go to the clay lick for parrots where we could see one of the most exciting spectacles of the Amazon fauna. Then we will visit the Kichwa Sani Warmi Interpretation Center, where we could enjoy of an ethnical and cultural encounter created by a group of Kichwas women in order to teach about the way of life nearby the Napo River. There is an opportunity to shop crafts, local products and souvenirs of this amazing trip.
- After lunch, we will make a stop in the Yakukawsay Kichwa Interpretation Center and then we will finish the day with an interesting evening walk through the forest, if the accessibility, the river water levels, and the weather conditions allow us.
Day 6: Return to Quito
- In the morning we left the M/V Anakonda and transfer to a motor canoe to Coca (1-hour ride) and take the flight back to Quito.
Day 7: Hotel – Quito International Airport
- Transfer from the hotel to Quito International Airport. End of tour.
NOTE: the itinerary above detailed is a standard model of the operation and this will try to be followed as programmed; but it is important to consider that because of technical or operational problems beyond the control of M/V Anakonda Amazon Cruise, the company reserves the right to make all necessary changes to the itinerary without prior notice.